Popular Posts

Friday, September 2, 2011

Take me Out to the Ball Game

After a 14 hour day, one of the longest I've had in a long time I can't help but come home and blog about my sensory overloaded adventure of a day.  Luckily, it started as usual because I am learning that routine is a major part to a balanced sensory diet.  For the sake of this blog I am calling the seven senses, how we see, smell, hear, taste, feel, think, and move.  The first thing of day is always a sensory regime that begins inside the wonder box.

Today's wonder box was extended fun Fridays so the children got to lead their play.  We began to form the broader routine, which includes a fun day at the end of the week!  Inclusion on the playground was even included our sensory walk as a great added bonus! 

My day continued this afternoon, with a take me out to the ballgame! However, routine is important so a stop at the pool occurred first to wash the day off my back and hop in the car to not just go watch a ballgame but  I also am getting to watch a One World for Autism form right before my eyes.  The voluneteer session is next weekend, so those interested in joining the forces to unite a one world for autism, look for more information on my Twitter @opalroses!

As for the first week of school, it really gets an A for Awesome for numerous reasons, that fact that it included this great networking night at the Baysox Autism Night it was a 4 day week attached to another 4 day week for a luke warm slow start to the new routine.  Fall will be here before we know it and I hope for every week to be an A+ week , just minus-hurricane or earthquake. 

I can't believe it but I am also entering the newest journey of grad school.  The books are on the way, the classes will start Tuesday, and my next Certificate in Instructional Technology Integration is on the spring horizon before I will have time to blink!  I have no idea what's next but I know life is not slowing down, the networking has just begun, and life is too awesome to not be a part of it!  I better integrate my sensory system quickly before overload occurs.  Detox, Yoga, and Pray, what's a girl to do first!?

No comments:

Post a Comment